Friday, May 31, 2013

plants go through a poor college life, too

9 or 10 weeks
short update.

The planties are doing well. After they moved out of the house, they are realizing what a struggle it is in the real world on their own.

Livestrong (bean bush) is doing pretty well, but he lost a leaf the other day. I think it was the bunnies. I will have to put up some chicken wire soon.

 
^He has grown maybe an inch since the last post (approx. 2 weeks ago) and is budding :)



^His buddy (bean bush) next to him needed a little assistance standing upward, so I used a local rock.


The photo directly above shows our zucchini bunch. They are mingling well. Weepy the zucchini plant is pictured as the third one in the bottom row. She never recovered from being weepy, but she is healthy.


The bean plant bushes are getting a little lost in the grass, but I have been pulling the grass around the plants. I wanted my planter box to be a surprise with the existing foliage, but it is difficult to define the plant space and frustrating to have to keep pulling clods of dirt out of the box with the grass. I will think twice next time.

Side note: The onion I found in my refrigerator is not sprouting anymore. I thought for sure something dug him up, but with a closer eye, I realized he is just hiding.



One more view of the box overall.

so. much. grass.

I also planted some tomato plants. Mom bought them from a local store, so I planted those with the rest of the babes. Photos and info to come next time!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment